It was developed by Facebook, which maintains it along with a community of developers. Since User Interfaces are used in almost every web application, the ability to develop UIs more efficiently is crucial. React does exactly this by providing a developer-friendly way to create custom UIs.
It is widely used by present-day companies for their web apps like Netflix, Yahoo, IBM, and of course, Facebook and its subsidiaries. Owing to its ease of use and developer-friendly API, React is becoming increasingly popular among front-end developers, with developers favouring React even to Google’s very popular Angular.
Apart from its use in developing web apps, with React Native, it is possible to develop applications for Android and iOS using React. Hence, there are a vast number of upsides to learning React if you’re in web/mobile app development. In this article we’ll take look at 5 React training courses for beginners to help you get started with web development in React.
This course, offered on Udemy, is simply one of the best training courses to learn React from scratch. It is taught by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, who has taught over 200,000 students professionally. React is taught from the very basics in this course, with projects to help you apply what you’ve learned in practice. Some key features of this course are:
- Starts from the very basics and builds from there to an advanced level;
- Dives deep into React, with additional libraries that are used with React such as Redux;
- No prior Front End framework experience is necessary;
- Taught by a very experienced instructor with a 5-star rating on Udemy;
- Also suitable for developers with intermediate to advanced level of experience who wish to learn React;
- Popular among beginners.
- Basics of React, such as syntax and base features;
- How to output lists and conditional content;
- Styling components;
- Redux from basics to advanced;
- Advanced component features of React;
- Authentication using React;
- How to deploy React Apps;
- Introduction to Unit Testing;
- Forms and Form validation in React.
The course is very comprehensive with more than 33 hours of material. Maximilian is a highly-acclaimed instructor and explains everything from scratch as he does it, making this course very effective for beginners. It also includes more than 160 downloadable external resources, which enables students to extensively learn about React development.
- https://www.udemy.com/react-the-complete-guide-incl-redux/ (course)
Modern React with Redux is another very popular choice among beginners looking to get into React development. This course is created by Stephen Girder, who is an expert in React and builds Front Ends for top corporations. It is available on Udemy.
This course takes a comprehensive approach to React and also focuses on design principles, enabling students to get a deeper look into how applications are designed using React. Some key features of this course are:
- Covers all the fundamental concepts of React;
- Also covers JSX (React’s custom markup language);
- Custom diagrams to help you understand how React and Redux work;
- Coding exercises to help apply your knowledge;
- Other tidbits of knowledge, such as ES2015 syntax.
- The fundamental features of React;
- How to build reusable components in React;
- Deep understanding of React at the source code level;
- Integration of React with various other APIs, such as Geolocation APIs;
- Different techniques of deployment;
- Knowledge of popular styling libraries;
- Different methods to build UIs;
- Handling Forms in Redux;
- Asynchronous actions with React and Redux.
This React training course is rated 4.5 out of 5 on Udemy, and has 39 hours of video lectures. It is a great course for beginners as well as for experienced developers. This course is also kept up-to-date to stay relevant to the present applications.
- https://www.udemy.com/react-redux/ (course)
This course, offered on Pluralsight, is another good React training course for beginners. It covers the basics of React and proceeds to teach the students how to build an in-browser interactive game with it.
This course is taught by Sameer Buna, who has a lot of experience in web and mobile application development. He does a wonderful job explaining the basics of React in this course. Some key features are:
- Teaches you how to build an in-browser game, which will give experience for building future projects;
- Focuses on the UI abstracted from the DOM;
- Also teaches how to use one-way data flow of React;
- Learn how to use React components from a practical perspective.
- Using reusable components;
- Building an in-browser game;
- How to use state properties of components;
- Working with JSX and event handlers;
- Working with real data using the GitHub API;
- Taking inputs from the user;
- Communicating between different components;
- React’s one-way data-flow;
- Managing the application state.
- https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/react-js-getting-started (course)
- Offered by a leading professor, Jogesh Muppala;
- Learn about various React Features, including components and forms;
- Also get an introduction to Reactstrap for development with Bootstrap;
- Learn about Redux and the Flux architecture;
- Learn how to use Fetch for client-server communication.
- React Routers and Single Page Applications;
- Flow architecture and introduction to Redux;
- Client-Server communication;
- Designing responsive applications using React and Bootstrap;
- A quick tour to React animation;
- Design the architecture for a React-Redux application;
- Use Reactstrap for web design;
- Combining reducers;
- Using the Fetch and REST API;
- Testing and deploying React applications;
This course familiarizes you with the basics of front-end development using React and Bootstrap.
- https://www.coursera.org/learn/front-end-react (course)
Offered by Microsoft in partnership with edX, this course is a part of the 15-course package called “Professional Program Certificate in Front-End Web Development”. The course is taught by Benjamin Lin from Microsoft. It can also be used as a standalone course for learning ReactJS. The key features of this course are:
- The course takes just 9-12 hours to complete, offering both the span and the robustness of the subject in the least time possible;
- The course is self-paced, even the assignments do not have due dates, allowing the student to organize his/her time for the course at their ease;
- You’ll learn to build and manage React components and their properties;
- By the end of the course, you’ll be able to use React to dynamically generate web elements such as lists and forms.
In a nutshell, the course will make you comfortable with using ReactJS for building your web applications.
With these React training courses, you can learn to develop your own web application using React.js. It can also help you to get familiar with React so that you can move on to other libraries such as React Native for Android/iOS development. With a lot of demand for React developers on the job market, these courses can certainly help you improve your resume.
- https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-reactjs-1 (course)